HTML and Programming Links
The links with checks are our favorites.
- HTML Goodies has excellent tutorials. Joe Burns and Earthweb have teamed up to create a great website. We recommend you buy the book, HTML Goodies
- JimTools (www.jimtools.com)has many different new and innovative tools to improve web sites. It also has an HTML toolkit.
- Merchant's Encyclopedia of HTML This page has information on many html tags. These pages are meant to be used as a supplement to a tutorial or to remember tags, but not as a tutorial.
- NetMechanic can find HTML errors with its HTML toolbox. It also has several other website-management tools.
- A Beginner's Guide to HTML. NCSA's original beginners guide to creating and coding HTML.
- Advanced HTML for Beginners. URL http://www.ahfb2000.com/. It contains basic and advanced tutorials intended for beginners.
- HTML: An Interactive Tutorial for Beginners. Covers basic HTML tags. Includes a practice Notepad to check tags.
- Project Cool Developer Zone has HTML tutorials, graphics, DHTML, XML, and reference pages.
- The University of Texas at Austin GSLIS Tutorial Junction at URL http://www.gslis.utexas.edu/technology/tutorials/.
- webmonkey A How-to-Guide for Web Developers from Hot Wired. Contains 3 levels of tutorials - beginners, builders, and masters.
- Common Gateway Interface (CGI)
- FreeCode.com. They have free software programs written in C/C++, Java, Perl, or VisualBasic.
- Perl web site
- The Programming Sharehouse. Numerous programming links, tutorials, programs (games, tools, and utilities), articles, source code files, tips, and FAQs covering many programming languages and topics.
- Writing JAVA programs
Web Style Guides
- Yale C/AIM WWW Style Manual Yale Center for Advanced Instructional Media. This manual describes the design principles used to create the pages within the Center for Advanced Instructional Media's (C/AIM) World Wide Web site.
- SpiderPro offers a free web style guide consisting of 100 do's and don'ts in Web design. The website also has information on setting up a website, from advertising to hosting to HTML.
- Pointers To Creating Successful Business Web Pages This site was put together by Jim Heath and a group of professional copywriters. It links to sites with features that work and others that don't, with commentary on the why and how of preparing attractive web pages.
- Great Website Design Tips
- Icon Bazaar has 25 categories of free pictures, a 216-color color table, and links to many other free image sites.
- CoolText.com is a free onlineservice which provides real-time generation of customized graphics.
- Favicon.com provides a free On-Line Icon Generator that you can use to generateicons for your website that appear by bookmarked sites in IE5.0 .
- Hexadecimal Color Codes explains how to use the hexadecimal color codes and what they are.
This page is maintained by Ben Power. All links were found to be active as of January 24, 2004. Please direct your comments to email@example.com.