[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Building Web-Based and Inter-Organizational Decision Support Systems
- Does your firm have an Intranet? An Extranet?
- Has your firm deployed any Web-Based DSS?
- What group is responsible for Web technologies? MIS? Public Relations?
- What are your firmís plans for Web-Based DSS?
- Have you used any Web-Based DSS?
Questions for Review
- What are definitions of key terms? What is a Web-Based DSS?
- What is an example of a Web-Based DSS?
- What factors have lead to the increase in Inter-Organizational systems?
- What issues should managers consider when deciding if their company should build a Web-Based DSS?
- What benefits does a Web-Based DSS provide a company?
- What is an inter-organizational DSS?
- What are the potential problems with Web-Based DSS?
Questions for Further Discussion
- What vendors have the "best" Web-Based DSS products?
- What are the effects of an Inter-Organizational DSS on consumers?
- What problem(s) are companies trying to solve by implementing an Intranet?
- How can Web-Based DSS and an Intranet be used to assist in organization and management tasks?
- What role should managers play in developing Web-Based DSS?
- Should managers be "content" providers for Web-Based DSS?
- How do Web-Based DSS extend "information reach" and "information range"?