Call for Papers: IFIP WG8.3 Decision Support 2020 in Wroclaw, Poland
Wroclaw, Poland, August 10, 2019 -- The 20th Open Conference of the International Federation for Information Processing WG 8.3 on Decision Support IFIP DS 2020, "Toward enhanced risk management: shaping risk culture theory and making sound decisions under pressure". The conference will be held in Wroclaw, Poland, June 24-26, 2020.
It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the IFIP DS 2020 20th Open Conference of the IFIP WG 8.3 on Decision Support with a theme of "Toward enhanced risk management shaping risk culture theory and making sound decisions under pressure". The conference will be held on 24-26 June 2020 in Wroc?aw, Poland. We are looking for experts in the field of decision making and support, particularly in the field of computer science, management and leadership, operation research, psychology, practitioners making decision in uncertain conditions.
Web page: http://ifip2020dss.com
Faculty of Management, General Tadeusz Ko?ciuszko Military University of Land Forces, Wroclaw, Poland and Faculty of Computer Science and Management, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Poland.
The conference consists of a multidisciplinary platform of knowledge and practice exchange. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
* Decision-Making in Uncertainty and/or Danger Conditions
* Models of Decision Making under Risk and Uncertainty
* Risk Management in Decision-Making Processes
* Decision Making for Sustainable Development
* Intelligent Decision Support in Risk Management
* Decisions Support for Business Continuity
* Determinants, Constraints and Situational-Organizational Factors in Decision-Making Processes
* Development of Technologies for Decision Support (Big Data, IoT, Data Analytics, BI, AI & Knowledge Discovery, Claud Computing, others)
* Cognitive and Motivational Biases in Decision Making
* Technical, Social and Personal Aspects of DSS
* Smart Decision Making
* Development of DSS Methodology (Architecture, Components, Integration, Software Tools)
* Social, Ethical and Moral Aspects of Decision Support
* Agents and Semantics in Risk Management and DSS
* Psychological Aspects of Decision-Making in Crisis Conditions
* Relevant Case Studies
** Deadline for submission: 15th December 2019
** Notification of acceptance: 15th February 2020
** Camera-ready copy due: 31th March 2020
* Claudia LOEBBECKE, University of Cologne, Germany
* Marcin PAPRZYCKI, Polish Academy of Science, Poland
WORKING PANEL: Publishing in the Top journals of the Information Systems Discipline with Editors in Chief of leading journals will also take place during the conference.
Potential participants in the 2020 Open Conference of the IFIP WG 8.3 are invited to make a submission for consideration for presentation at the conference and publication in its proceedings. Submissions must be original contributions that have not been previously published. All accepted submissions will be published in the proceedings, provided that the final version is received by the due date and the submission is formatted as specified on the conference website. Accepted submissions will be published where there is at least one author registered (to attend the conference) for each submission. We are looking for different types of publications:
* full academic research papers (10 pages) which will be presented in regular sessions,
* short ?research in progress? academic research papers (5 pages) which will be presented in regular sessions,
* research/case studies posters which will be presented in special poster session,
* PhD abbreviated dissertation proposal which will be presented during PhD Consortium.
Submission and review process of the papers, posters and PhD proposals will be carried out via the conference website.
Publication of the IFIP DSS 2020 Conference Proceedings will be published by Taylor & Francis as a supplement of the Journal of Decision Systems, as was the case in previous events.
Following a tradition of the IFIP WG8.3 conferences, authors of best papers will be invited to prepare extended versions:
* to a special issue of Operations Research and Decisions (Thomson Reuters Master List, Emerging Sources Citation Index).
* as a chapter in a DS book which will be assembled during the conference and published by Taylor and Francis to represent the contribution of the 20th IFIP WG 8.3 meeting to DS research.
In connection to 20th anniversary of IFIP Working Group 8.3 on Decision Support we anticipated an award for the best article
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Gloria Phillips-Wren, PhD Professor and Chair, Information Systems, Law and Operations Co-Editor-in-Chief, Intelligent Decision Technologies Journal (IDT) Indexed in Thomson Reuters ESCI (Emerging Sources Citation Index) http://content.iospress.com/journals/intelligent-decision-technologies Sellinger School of Business and Management Loyola University Maryland email@example.com
|DSS Home | About Us | Contact Us | Site Index | Subscribe | What's New|
|Copyright © 1995-2021 by D. J. Power (see his home page). DSSResources.COMsm was maintained by Daniel J. Power. See disclaimer and privacy statement.|