Geac Recognizes Customer Innovation at annual user conference
MARKHAM, ON, June 10, 2004 - Geac(R) (TSX:GAC, NASDAQ:GEAC), a global enterprise software company for Business Performance Management, today announced the recipients of its annual Customer Excellence Awards presented recently at ALLIANCE, Geac's North American user conference.
Geac's Customer Excellence Awards are presented to Geac customers - one from each of Geac's enterprise application systems (EAS) product lines - who have used Geac products in an innovative way, allowing them to save time and money, and gain operational efficiencies. This year's award recipients include Children's Hospital of Columbus, Ohio; Eaton Corporation; Discover Financial Services; Advantage Sales and Marketing; Wigwam Mills; and Brazilian Airports - Infraero.
"Geac is committed to customer innovation, excellence and success. These awards recognize customers who have achieved significant business performance and operational improvements through the implementation of Geac solutions," said Charles S. Jones, Geac's president and CEO. "As part of Geac's commitment to its customers, we cite these organizations for their dedication to their business performance and their overall success in using technology to gain operational excellence. This year's award recipients exemplify the best of the best."
Following is the list of Geac's 2004 Customer Excellence Award recipients by product line, and the operational improvements achieved as a result of their implementation of specific Geac products.
- Geac M Series -- Children's Hospital is a current user of both the Geac M Series and Geac Performance Management products. It is now implementing Geac Performance Management to consolidate all financials statements and reports. This will enhance efficiency and data integrity, moving Children's Hospital closer to compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Geac E Series -- Eaton Corporation recently initiated the implementation of Geac Enterprise Intelligence for use with their Geac Payroll system. Eaton expects a 15 percent rate of return from Geac Enterprise Intelligence in the short term. Eaton also expects returns as a result of the flexibility and strength of the Enterprise Server solution.
- Geac Expense Management -- Discover Financial Services, a unit of Morgan Stanley, uses Geac's E Series accounts payable system, as well as the M Series general ledger. This award is for Discover's use of one of Geac's newer products, Geac Expense Management. Discover Financial Services is now using Geac Expense Management to enforce travel policies, to track corporate card usage, and to give employees the ability to monitor the status of their expense reimbursements.
- Geac Performance Management (MPC) -- Advantage Sales and Marketing has been using MPC since late 1999 to improve their business performance. MPC has provided data access to users for data analysis to make competent, well-informed business decisions, as well as shorten the processing time for budgets, closes and reporting. The current MPC application has approximately 750 users and will continue to grow with ASM.
- System 21 -- Wigwam Mills has one of the most effective and productive implementations of the System21 ERP solution within Geac's customer base. The company's implementation constitutes a fine example of the pursuit of operational excellence, and ROI obtained from the effective use of business software.
- SmartStream -- Brazilian Airports - Infraero manages 65 airports in Brazil with one or more of the 13 SmartStream applications deployed in every airport as their back office solution. Infraero has been a Geac customer since 1994 beginning with the M Series applications, and migrating to Smartstream in 1997. Throughout this time, they have reduced operating cost by 20 percent and have reduced processing time by 50 percent.
Geac (TSX: GAC, NASDAQ:GEAC) is a global enterprise software company for Business Performance Management, providing customers worldwide with the core financial and operational solutions and services to improve their business performance in real time. Further information is available at http://www.geac.com or through e-mail at email@example.com.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements based on current expectations. Important factors that could cause a material difference between these forward-looking statements and actual events include those set forth under the heading "Risk Factors" in Geac's annual report on Form 20-F, No. 333-103019, for the fiscal year ended April 30, 2003, filed on October 31, 2003 with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission available through the website maintained by the SEC at http://www.sec.gov, and filed on November 3, 2003 with the Canadian Securities Administrators and available through the website maintained by the Canadian Securities Administrators and the Canadian Depository for Securities Limited at http://www.sedar.com. Geac is a registered trademark of Geac Computer Corporation Limited. All other marks are trademarks of their respective owners.
Geac Computer Corporation Limited
|DSS Home | About Us | Contact Us | Site Index | Subscribe | What's New|
|Copyright © 1995-2021 by D. J. Power (see his home page). DSSResources.COMsm was maintained by Daniel J. Power. See disclaimer and privacy statement.|