Symphony Metreo's new Price Manager software tightly links price setting with financial goals
Miami, Florida, November 14, 2008 -– Symphony Metreo, Inc., a leading provider of enterprise pricing and operations management solutions, today announced availability of its new Price Manager(TM) software. An integral piece of the Symphony Metreo Pricing Suite, Price Manager is an effective tool used by successful pricing and product managers to build profitable pricing strategies that are tightly linked to financial objectives. With Price Manager, users can better predict the impact of pricing decisions on the business and quickly set new prices based on changing market or competitive conditions.
According to AMR Research[see 1], "when setting and executing prices, the largest gap occurs in the planning phase. Conducting profitability analysis and incorporating findings in future price analytics and setting presents the biggest disparity with a gap of 31 percent." The Symphony Metreo pricing suite helps close that gap. Symphony Metreo will demonstrate the benefits of Price Manager at the Professional Pricing Society's Fall Pricing Conference (booth# 17), taking place October 28-30, 2008 in Miami. Symphony Metreo is a Technology Sponsor of the event.
Moving Beyond "Cost Plus" to Build Profitable Pricing Strategies
Eliminating the need to rely on outdated "cost plus" pricing models, Price Manager treats price as a strategic lever and a key driver for achieving a company's revenue and margin goals. Price Manager brings order and efficiency to the critical process of setting and managing list prices and price lists for products and services by combining powerful planning and analysis with interactive what-if scenario capabilities to test trade-offs. These capabilities help companies stay ahead of the competition and better measure the impact of price changes.
Price Manager gives pricing and product managers the control and flexibility to generate the right prices for the business with market- leading functionality, including:
• Advanced Reporting - A rich set of reports for analyzing the current state of business, identifying problem price points and understanding the impact of changing prices;
• Intuitive Dashboards and Displays – Role-based dashboards and alerts provide each user with his or her own view of the price setting process, and a J2EE-compliant web interface is designed for ease-of-use;
• Decisionflow(TM) Functionality – Decisionflow enables users to make the necessary midcourse pricing corrections for achieving the pricing plan, including what-if scenario capabilities for appreciating the trade-offs involved;
• Write-Back Capabilities – Closed-loop write-back capabilities to the underlying execution system ensure efficient delivery of price lists to the field for execution;
• ActiveRules(TM) Technology – Patented ActiveRules technology, which manages the business rules in complex models, enables customers to capture all the interdependencies of the rules pertaining to their business operations.
"Our goal with Price Manager is to help companies more tightly align pricing with the financial objectives of the business by giving users intuitive tools to pin-point areas of concern and provide visibility into potential trade-offs," said Symphony Metreo CEO Tal Ball. "Price Manager is an important element of a closed-loop pricing solution that enables companies to set the right price, at the right time, and then effectively manage those prices throughout the product lifecycle."
With Price Manager, businesses also have the ability to better understand the segment- or market-specific attributes that drive price behavior at any level of the product's hierarchy. The solution provides pricing professionals with the flexibility to create and publish market prices and price lists across different geographies. Featuring multi-tier processing and automatic load balancing, Price Manager is a scalable solution built to meet an organization's changing needs.
Pricing and Availability
Symphony Metreo Price Manager is available immediately. The software is available as a stand-alone solution or as part of the Symphony Metreo Pricing Suite to provide a complete closed-loop pricing solution.
(1) Noha Tohamy, AMR Research (July 2008)
About Symphony Metreo
Symphony Metreo helps organizations meet their financial goals of Revenue and Margin with innovative solutions that align and synchronize top-down planning with bottom-up execution by focusing on the strategic levers of Price, Volume and Cost. Symphony Metreo serves global enterprises with innovative award winning applications in the areas of Enterprise Pricing, Operations Management and Performance Management. Headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif., Symphony Metreo is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Symphony Technology Group, a $2.1 billion strategic holding company. For additional information, visit http://www.symphony-metreo.com.
Copyright © 2008 Symphony Metreo, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.