Microsoft showcases immersive user interfaces, online banking technologies and interactive collaboration tools at BAI Retail Delivery Conference & Expo
ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 14, 2008 -- During the 2008 BAI Retail Delivery Conference & Expo, Microsoft Corp. will showcase several innovative ways banks can better attract, retain and cross-sell customers by connecting their digital lifestyles and work styles together. These include the following:
• Microsoft Virtual Earth. An integrated set of services providing quality geospatial data, rich imagery and cutting-edge technology that helps banks provide immersive online customer experiences, and connect customers with branch locations and services.
• Microsoft Surface. The first commercially available surface computer helps break down traditional barriers to technology. The 360-degree user interface, along with multi-touch and object recognition functionaility provides an exciting way for banks to create compelling and interactive retail branch experiences for potential customers.
• Tellme. An on-demand voice services platform that helps banks connect with customers every day, simplifying everyday tasks, on everyday devices.
Sessions: During the conference, Microsoft will demonstrate real-world scenarios, as well as discuss critical technology issues impacting the retail banking community. Session topics include the following:
• “Transforming the Customer Experience in Banking”
• “Visualize Your Data to Improve Your Business”
• “Smarter Spending With On-Demand Voice Services”
• “The New Branch Imperative: Efficiency & Experience”
• “Microsoft Surface”
Microsoft “Millennials in Banking Survey.”
With the majority of the Millennial generation soon to enter the work force, banks have an opportunity to target these new consumers using more modern channels. During the event, Microsoft will release the results of a new study on Millennials to reveal more about their preferred means of interaction with financial institutions.
Representatives of Microsoft customer BMO Bank of Montreal will be on hand to discuss how the bank is using Virtual Earth to provide a superior online customer experience — a sophisticated branch locator that includes specialties (financial planners and mortgage brokers), services and languages (French, English and Spanish).
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
|DSS Home | About Us | Contact Us | Site Index | Subscribe | What's New|
|Copyright © 1995-2015 by D. J. Power (see his home page). DSSResources.COMsm is maintained by Daniel J. Power. Please contact him at djpower1950 at gmail.com with questions. See disclaimer and privacy statement.|