Decision Support News
D. J. Power, Editor
September 1, 2013 Vol. 14, No. 18
SIG DSS Workshop Deadline EXTENDED Click here
1) How is analytics, BI and decision support shaping global society?
2) Recent DSS News Headlines
3) Upcoming Decision Support Conferences/Call for Papers
How is analytics, BI and decision support shaping global society?
by Daniel Power
Computer-based analysis and decision support began impacting global
society in the early 1950s. By 1995 the Web was facilitating wider
deployment of analytics and decision support. Sixty years of decision
support technology progress has had many impacts on what managers do,
how organizations operate, how people think, and what is considered
important. In 2013, organization decision making is linked to data from
many sources and analysis of data is viewed as important. Managers want
insight into customer behavior, more predictability in the supply chain
and faster, more agile responses in changing, competitive situations.
Analytics and decision support are providing solutions for managers and
organizations. Let's develop some hypotheses about what is changing and
the impact of analytics, BI and decision support.
Continue reading at
Click for more Frequently Asked Questions
2) Recent DSS News Headlines
08/29/2013 SAP helps HP transform expense planning for increased efficiency and accuracy. Check release.
08/29/2013 Colorado Hospital Association selects Alteryx Strategic Analytics software platform to improve health care quality statewide. Check release.
3) Upcoming Decision Support Conferences/Call for Papers/Books
1. Papers due Monday, Sept. 9, 2013 midnight PST: Workshop "Reshaping Society through Analytics, Collaboration, and Decision Support" December 15, 2013 in Milan,
2. DSI Annual meeting, Baltimore, MD
3. INFORMS Conference on Information Systems and Technology
Oct. 5-6, 2013. Click here
4. ICIS December 15-18, 2013 Click here
5. Deadline December 15, 2013 Call for papers: DSS 2.0 – Supporting decision making with new technologies, Paris, June 2-5, 2014 Click here
Order Dan Power's new book: Decision Support, Analytics, and Business Intelligence, Second Edition
Become a Business Expert Press author
You may leave the DSSNews list by sending a message to: MAILSERV@uni.edu
where the body of the message contains: UNSUB dssnews
Please tell your friends they may join the list by sending a
message to: MAILSERV@uni.edu where the body of the message
contains: SUB dssnews
About Decision Support News |
Decision Support News is copyrighted (c) 2013 by D. J. Power.
your questions to email@example.com.
Daniel J. Power at http://www.linkedin.com/in/danpower
This list is hosted by the University of Northern Iowa in the
spirit of cooperation with the network community. The opinions
expressed by contributors do not necessarily reflect those of the
University or its employees. The University shall not be liable for
any damages which may result directly or indirectly from errors
or omissions in or application of information distributed via
this group. Thanks to University of Northern Iowa.
Thanks for supporting Decision Support News (aka DSS News) and DSSResources.com.