Decision Support News
D. J. Power, Editor
March 29, 2020 Vol. 21, No. 07
Inaugural newsletter issue was May 10, 2000, this is issue 517
1) What are various agile approaches?
2) Recent Decision Support News Headlines
3) Upcoming Decision Support Conferences/Call for Papers
1) What are various agile approaches?
by Daniel J. Power and Ciara Heavin
Information technology/Information Systems professionals have been refining and trying various agile approaches for more than 25 years. Originally focused on completing software development projects, Agile is now viewed as a mindset and a way of thinking about tasks and work. For example, agile principles guide the decision making of agile teams. Different sources include various approaches, frameworks or methods in the overall category of agile approaches. There are many approaches including Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Extreme Programming (XP), Crystal, Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM), Feature Driven Development (FDD), and Test-Driven Development (TDD) Learning about multiple frameworks will increase your versatility and help you participate in a wide variety of projects. The following are four major approaches.
Continue reading this column at
Click for more Frequently Asked Questions
2) Recent Decision Support Headlines
03/23/2020 Rockwell Automation named one of the World's most ethical companies for the 12th time. Check release.
03/20/2020 COVID-19: How Planbox customers are fighting back. Check release.
3) Upcoming Decision Support Conferences
1. IFIP WG8.3 Decision Support 2020 in Wroclaw, Poland, June 24-26, 2020. Check release.
2. AMCIS 2020 SIGDSA, August 12-16, 2020, Salt Lake City, Utah. Check release.
3. KDD 2020 will convene in San Diego, California Aug. 22-27, 2020. Check release.
4. Call for articles Journal of Business Analytics, an official journal of the Operational Research Society. The journal serves the emerging and rapidly growing community of business analytics both in academia and industry. Check https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/tjba20/current.
Order Daniel Power and Ciara Heavin's book: Decision Support, Analytics, and Business Intelligence, Third Edition, Click here
Become a Business Expert Press author
New book: Power, D. and C. Heavin, Data-Based Decision Making And Digital Transformation, Business Expert Press, 2018 at URL Click here. EBook Price $19.95, Print Price $34.95, In Stock June 10, 2018.
Power & Heavin (2018) argue "Digital disruption is accelerating. Implementing a successful digital transformation strategy requires that senior managers make trade-off decisions to reinvent a business. Equally important all decision makers must learn to ask the right questions, use data and computer support in decision making, and increase their knowledge and skills. Creating a data-centric culture and rewarding data-based decision making leads to successful digital transformation."
You may leave the DSS News mailing list by sending an email to
Please tell your friends they may join the list by sending
an email to email@example.com
About Decision Support News |
Decision Support News is copyrighted (c) 2020 by D. J. Power.
Please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with Daniel J. Power at http://www.linkedin.com/in/danpower
The DSS News mailing list is hosted by the University of Northern Iowa in the spirit of cooperation with the network community. The opinions
expressed by contributors do not necessarily reflect those of the
University or its employees. The University shall not be liable for
any damages which may result directly or indirectly from errors
or omissions in or application of information distributed via
this group. Thanks to University of Northern Iowa.
Thanks for supporting Decision Support News (aka DSS News) and DSSResources.com.